SpecBAS Linux

SpecBAS Linux

Postby polomint » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:06 am

Right, I have a version of SpecBAS-Linux starting up automatically on booting into an UbuntuLite installation. It's still a large system (about 1GB on disk), but that will be paired down as I figure out which packages I can dump.

SpecBAS.pas : Has been altered to load/save window dimensions and whether it is full screen or not, and it displays filename in titlebar if SpecBAS is in windowed mode.

REQUESTS FOR DUNNY:
A new command "OS" which will indicate that the user wishes to quit back to the UbuntuLite desktop (then they can use the net etc.
ie. I can trap that command with the code below in the SpecBAS.pas file (Event.type) :)
Code: Select all
        SDL_OS:
          Begin
             this will drop back to linux desktop
          end;

The "QUIT" command will be used to shutdown the UbuntuLite system (well, thats what I'm gonna tell it to do, heh).

Also, could you possibly create a way so that I can disable SCREEN WINDOW commands, as there isn't really a point having SpecBAS in a window when booting directly into SpecBAS. SCREEN FULL should work as intended though, in case the user wishes to alter the full-screen resolution.

EDIT: Another command please "FUSE", so that the user can run Fuse from inside SpecBAS. I can trap that if you add it and then shell out to Fuse, then once Fuse has been closed it will return straight back into SpecBAS, :)
eg. again...

Code: Select all
        SDL_FUSE:
          Begin
            // this will execute FUSE
          end;   

Thanks,, :D
polomint

Return to SpecBAS